Next workshop is Saturday Jan 26th at Pembridge Village Hall 10-11.30am. Maximum 10 people.
This week we’re adding the small balls into our Pilates routine . They can add flow to movement, increase the strength element of certain exercises, challenge our balance, enhance stretches and improve spine mobility. They are SO versatile, and can really help us move better.
Some of the moves can be downloaded here: small ball routine
- 3rd June – Race for life, “Team Pilates” , Hereford 11am
- 6th June – Presentation to Kinnerton WI on history of Pilates. 8pm
- 11th June – 4 week pilates beginners course starts at Weobley.
- 30th June – Back Health Workshop Pembridge 10am
- All weekly classes continue as normal.
Next 4 week Pilates beginners course starts June 11th 12-1pm, Weobley village hall. Contact me to book your place.
Following the success of the first 3 workshops, the next back health workshop will be at Pembridge Village Hall Saturday 30th June. 10 – 11.30 am.
Anyone who wants to improve how their spine functions by using a 20 minute routine this is the workshop for you.
You’ll be part of a small, informal group and I’ll show you how to move better with a combination of Intrinsic Biomechanics and Pilates techniques.
” I no longer wake up with a stiff lower back!”
” My sciatic symptoms go when I do the exercises, it’s a relief to have no more shooting pains down my legs”
“I don’t usually have any problems with my back , But what I’ve learned on the workshop will help it stay that way! Understanding which muscles I’m focusing on and how the exercises work, helps motivate me to do them. I’ve also seen an improvement in my running. Definitely a worthwhile workshop to attend”.
So, spring has sprung, and if you’re a keen gardener, you’ll be itching to get out there! Most people know I used to be a landscape gardener before injurying my back and changing careers to teach Pilates…it’s still one of my passions which I know I share with many. So if you’re out pottering in your garden this weekend, my top tips..
- Check your footwear…..any nurse in A&E will tell you open toed sandals or flip flops for mowing the lawn is not a good combination! (Or wearing slippers- guilty!!)
- Vary your jobs – using your body in different ways…bit of weeding, bit of pruning, bit of potting up, back to weeding …..tea break!
- Heavy lifting……..ask for help, its easier with 2. Bend your knees , engage core and avoid flexing and twisting at the same time.
HAPPY GARDENING FOLKS!
There will be a 2 week break from classes from May 7th – 18th incl.